Wednesday, August 6

Live strong and take care of you...

So not sure where to begin, but lets go back in time a bit. The year 2004 was not a very happy year for both Alx and myself. In April we lost a very good friend to AIDS, in July Alx's brother took his own life and in September I lost my Mother to a cause I am still trying to deal with. All three happened by surprise with no knowledge of anything ever being wrong. How could we not know something was wrong. So we both struggled and dealt with each death in our own way.


One of the best things that came out of that year was rethinking how I look at life and how I choose to live my life. From 2004 to present I have evolved and matured more than I have ever thought I would. I am not that caddy bitch that I used to be. I had a sharp tongue in my day, but today I choose not to use it. I am a selfish, high maintenance individual, surprising I know, but I have found that I do not have to change who I am but change how I treat others. Those that know me know what I am talking about.


So, why is it that something tragic has to happen in order for us to change how we live? Why can we just not do it automatically because we want to be a better person? Why are we not treating others and our ourselves better?


I have a very good friend, to whom I cherish very much, whose Father has been diagnosed with lukemia. I thought things were going good, but have found out other wise. He is very strong willed person and is such a giver. He makes sure that everybody is always taken care of and just keeps going and going and going. I told him today, when do you take care of you? When do you take a break for you? I have to tell you, that no tears were shed but the eyes watered. Giving him a hug and walking away I felt great, to just be there for a friend in need and just listen. Guess what guys, this goes a long way. My heart breaks for him and I will be there for him in a heart beat. Losing a parent at any age takes it's toll on you, especially when it is a terminal disease and you do not know how much longer they have.


I have so many thoughts going on right now, and you are probably wondering WTF are you trying to say? If you take anything from this, my only wish take care of those you love and most importantly make sure you are taking care of you. Live your life to it's fullest. As I told you, I have many mantra's that I live my life by and sharing another with you all: "What if the rest of your life is the best time of your life"?

No comments: