Saturday, December 29



As 2007 comes to an end, I want to take the time to stand in time while it continues to pass right by me and think of what I have accomplished or did not accomplish this year. Did I meet the goals I had set for myself? Where did the year go? What was the best thing about 2007?

We all make those infamous resolutions at the beginning of each year, but how many of us actually stick to them. I read an article today and it was about making change in your life. Make small changes in small steps, rather than trying to change everything all at once. Making changes in steps, allows you to get used to the change and before you get bored, you go to the next step. For example, 2007 was about getting where I wanted to be as far as eating right, getting to the gym, and by the end of the year, I am almost where I want to be. Those that want to get into the gym, should go two hours a week, rather than two hours a day. That way you have something to work up to.

As I lay out my goals for 2008, I want to be able to include those that surround me. Friends, family and co-workers. Not only will they help me meet my goals, but could inspire or help them with theirs. I will be 35 in 2008, and it is another turning point for me as a person.

Cheers to 2007, what a great year. The housing market continued to decline, the economy just does not want to go anywhere, we are loosing a war that we should have never started and another year with President Bush. With all of that, the year was still good. Cheers to 2008, looking to make it another great year.

No comments: