Wednesday, August 6

My First Time...

No you dirty minds, not my "real first time" but my first time running in a race period. Race you ask? Well on Sunday, I ran in the Wharf to Wharf 10k race. For you non metric Americans that is equal to 6 miles. So I live my life by several mantra's and one that I just recently heard by a friend of mine, "When was the last time you did something for the first time?" So lets think about this, we do the daily routine that we have created for ourselves. Why not get out there, and do something different. Well, I have to be honest with you I had already signed up for this race so I was doing it prior to me learning my new slogan. I have been really into running since April of last year and has also helped me drop over 30 pounds. Yes it is true, people I was a bigger than I am today. You still can't believe it, yes I know. I did a good job of hiding my fat. Anyway, so my ultimate goal is to run the NY or Boston Marathon, and so I start my journey. The race on Sunday I finished the run in 49 minutes and 30 seconds, averaging 8:22 a mile.



This a personal best, so I am quite happy with my finish. This has now got me all motivated for the San Jose Rock & Roll half marathon, this being 13 miles. An agressive goal for sure, but I am up for it.

So seriously, look at yourself and ask "when was the last time I did something for the first time".

Good luck and happy first times.

No comments: